Following COP26, our Foresight Committee hosted a live panel discussion bringing together industry leaders and experts to discuss what sustainability really means for the pharmaceutical and healthcare communications industry.
Through a panel of speakers and open discussions, this educational and informative session will cover:
- What the pharmaceutical industry is doing and needs to do in relation to its sustainability agenda
- The reputation and communication needs, challenges, and opportunities for the pharmaceutical industry in sustainability
- How pharmaceutical company goals will affect communication agencies as businesses in their supply chains
The panel included environmental experts representing agency, industry, and media perspectives:
- Jaclyn Kaminski, VP, Global Director of Sustainability, McCann Worldgroup: Jaclyn is responsible for embedding sustainability throughout McCann Worldgroup’s global business strategy; her remit includes leading McCann Worldgroup’s Net Zero transition, developing an internal sustainability education strategy, global partnership strategy, and client engagement.
- Amanda Powell-Smith, Chief Executive Officer at Forster Communications: a founding UK B Corporation that helps organisations turn their sustainability ambitions into action and has won nine Best for the World Awards.
- Jason Snape, Global Head of Environmental Protection at AstraZeneca: Jason plays a key role in managing AstraZeneca’s environmental impact across all pharmaceutical activities and products.
- Martin Barrow, Media Adviser and Journalist
The event was kindly organised and hosted by Hanover Communications and Havas Just:: on behalf of the HCA’s Foresight Committee, and facilitated by Andrew Harrison, MD, Healthcare, Hanover Communications.