The ability to lead successful pitches is a key objective for people in Account Manager and Senior Account Manager positions in PR and Medical Education agencies.
To differentiate yourself from other agencies, it is essential for the whole pitch process to be conducted strategically.
A strategic approach to pitching begins from the moment the brief lands on your desk, to when your team is presenting on the day...
This insightful and interactive workshop has been designed in response to feedback from HCA members in management and mid level positions. It provides the guidance you need to manage the pitch process, and brings to life the recommendations outlined in the HCA’s Pitching Code of Conduct
Expert panel members on the day:
Client side of the pitch table:
Agency side of the pitch table:
- Stephen Cull, PR Lead, Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Claire Brough, Global Communications Director, GSK
- Marketing Team Member (TBC)
- Joanne Emmott, Medical Affairs, MSD UK
- Bhupinder Singh, Procurement, MSD UK
- Annabelle Sandeman, Global Strategic Director, Huntsworth Health
- Jo Spadaccino, Head of Pharma and Life Science, Pegasus
- Andrew Thomas, Head of International, Red Door Communications
Individuals who currently hold, or are working towards holding Account Manager and Senior Account Manager positions.
Facilitated by Harry Brady, Communications Leader, External Affairs at MSD
and Antoinette Dale Henderson, Managing Director at Zomi Communications Limited
, this practical and interactive event will comprise both Q&A and plenary elements.
The workshop will begin with a panel discussion, during which delegates will have the opportunity to quiz the pharmaceutical company people who usually sit on the other side of the table in a pitch, as well as PR and Medical Education agency leaders about what makes for a winning pitch.
Participants will then have the opportunity to apply best practice to a fictitious healthcare communications brief, with sections on interrogating the brief and building rapport during the pre-pitch phase, crafting recommendations that are strategically sound and will differentiate you from other agencies and how to deliver a winning presentation on the day.
Throughout the workshop, delegates will receive guidance and feedback from the facilitators and have the opportunity to exchange views from the PR and Medical Education agency perspective.
- Overview of HCA Pitching Code of Conduct
- Defining Pitching Best Practice
- An interactive panel discussion about the key factors that contribute to a winning pitch, including the pre-pitch, pitch and post-pitch phases.
- The Panel will reflect the views of pharmaceutical industry decision makers and influencers who are typically involved in selecting a winning agency, including a Brand/Marketing Manager, a UK and Global Communications Managers, a Procurement representative and a Medic, as well as speakers from PR and Medical Education agencies.
- Understanding the Client’s Perspective
- The strategic approach to reviewing a brief and conducting a Q&A
- Crafting Your Recommendations
- Best practice for the research phase, key terminology and models to define a strategic direction, top tips for ensuring strategic alignment
- Presenting on the Day
- Top tips for making an impact on the day, including pitching as a team, tailoring your presentation, managing nerves, posture and body language