The Lions Health festival of marketing and communications creativity has really created an industry wide step change in championing the importance of creativity in healthcare communications. But, the reality of working within healthcare is understanding just how far we can push the boundaries within the regulatory environment.
Patient engagement is a strategic priority in health communications – creativity is often recognised as the secret weapon in enabling clients to ensure their messages reach the patient audience, with a view to ultimately change behaviour.
So, what exactly is creativity and how do we measure it?
This workshop will take you through best practice and the pitfalls in creativity. Leading communicators in the sector will talk through effective creativity in practice, showcasing case studies to demonstrate how they pushed the boundaries to engage a patient audience.
You will be able to put your ideas into action, with the guidance of a leading creative consultant who will facilitate practical exercises, followed by critique and discussion.
From this course delegates will have:
- An understanding of the regulatory & ethical environment for creative patient engagement and the considerations for patient communications vs healthcare professionals
- Recognition of the importance of identifying patient insights and behaviour change pathways
- Reviewed best practice examples of effective creativity in patient engagement communications
- Identified how creativity can be achieved and how to assess
- Practical experience in developing creative thinking using learned techniques
The workshop comprises plenary sessions, group work, discussion and practice and is aimed at junior to mid-level communication practitioners.